• Education: BA in psychology - Fairfield University, CT. 1987
• MS in psychology - Nova University, FL.1990
Psy.D (doctor of clinical psychology) - Nova University, FL 1992
• Specialized training in applied developmental psychology
• Clinical internship in child/adolescent psychology.
• Associate professor and lead instructor of the child/adolescent concentration at the Florida School of Professional Psychology (at Argosy University) - Tampa, FL. 2000 to 2016.
• Adjunct professor at St Petersburg College, Clearwater campus. 1995 to 2000.
• Psychological consultant for Bay News 9, Tampa Bay 's 24 hour television news source
• Developed Life@Home by PsychTouch.com, a clinical tool for child professionals
• Psychological assessment for a range of mental health issues including ADHD, autism, anxiety and depression.
• Psychological evaluations for intellectual functioning and gifted eligibility.
• Individual psychotherapy, including play/game/art therapy, for children and adolescents.
• Parent Consultation, i.e. sessions for parents to obtain information, feedback, support and guidance on a range of concerns about their children and family situations.
• Individual psychotherapy for adults, especially those experiencing any form of anxiety, depression, autism, adjustment, or attentional issue.
• Mental health education/training for professionals and the community.
• Psychological expert on national and Tampa Bay talk shows
• Co-host for Tampa Bay talk shows on child adolescent and mental health issues
• Co-host for radio call-in programs in Tampa Bay, San Francisco and Atlanta
• Health reporter/psychological consultant for Bay News 9, Tampa Bay's 24-hour television news source.
Steven P. O'Brien, Psy D.
611 South Myrtle Avenue Suite B
Clearwater, Florida 33756
Phone: (727) 449-2628
Fax: (727) 466-0478